Community Participation Specialist, Butler Street
- LAWRENCEVILLE, PENNSYLVANIA
Milestone Centers, Inc. is a 49 year old non-profit Agency serving persons with behavioral health and intellectual and developmental disabilities. Our vision is to help extraordinary people live ordinary lives. Our Agency oversees 20 residential settings, 2 outpatient offices, 3 adult training facilities, a prevocational enterprise program, a consumer drop-in center, habilitation services, and 2 health care quality units serving clients in the Butler and Warren regions. Milestone is committed to providing trauma-informed care.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
To apply for a position within our Agency, please submit your resume and a cover letter stating the name and number of the position you are interested in.
- Identifies, pursues, schedules, and coordinates opportunities to develop and retain relationships between program clients and community members.
- Identifies, pursues, schedules, and coordinates opportunities for program clients to engage in activities within the community.
- Coordinates opportunities for program clients to develop skills for integrated community participation.
- Maintains relevant databases and/or spreadsheets pertaining to Community Participation.
- Assists the Supervisors, Program Specialists and additional stakeholders with scheduling community participation, securing staffing needs, and maintaining the program’s daily calendar.
- Effectively communicates and prepares program staff for upcoming Community Participation activities.
- Monitors and assists the program staff with ongoing needs related to community participation such as vehicle fueling, vehicle maintenance, inventory etc.QUALIFICATIONS
- Basic Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Email, and Outlook.
- Role-modeling skills and positive interactions.
- Organizational skills.
- Written and verbal communication that is legible and grammatically acceptable.
- Community involvement and relations.
- Ability to drive a twelve-passenger van and other wheelchair accessible vehicles.
- Act 33 and Act 34 clearance and FBI background check, if applicable.
- Valid PA Driver’s License.
- Must be 18 years of age.
Benefits for full-time employees include:
- Individual/family medical, dental and vision insurances
- Eight observed holidays
- Earn from 15 to 27 paid time off days
- Maternity, short-term and long-term disability
- 401K Savings Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Educational Leave
- $1,000 Employee Referral Bonus Program