Community Participation Specialist, LAWRENCEVILLE, PENNSYLVANIA
- Butler Street, LAWRENCEVILLE, PENNSYLVANIA
Milestone Centers, Inc. is a 48 year old non-profit Agency serving persons with behavioral health and intellectual and developmental disabilities. Our vision is to help extraordinary people live ordinary lives. Our Agency oversees 20 residential settings, 2 outpatient offices, 3 adult training facilities, a prevocational enterprise program, a consumer drop-in center, habilitation services, and 2 health care quality units serving clients in the Butler and Warren regions. Milestone is committed to providing trauma-informed care.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
To apply for a position within our Agency, please submit your resume and a cover letter stating the name and number of the position you are interested in.
- 30 credit hours from an accredited college or university, or
- High school diploma (or equivalent) and one year’s experience working with persons with disabilities.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Act 33, Act 34, and FBI clearances.
- Valid Pennsylvania Driver License.
Description of Duties:
- Identifies , pursues, schedules and coordinates opportunities:
- To develop and retain relationships between program clients and community members.
- For program clients to engage in activities within the community.
- Coordinates opportunities for program clients to develop skills for integrated community participation.
- Assists Supervisors, Program Specialists and additional stakeholders with scheduling community participation, securing staffing needs and maintaining the program’s daily calendar.
- Positively and professionally represent the Agency in all aspects of Community Participation Support via phone, email, social media and in-person contact.
- Provide personal care, including lifting and transfers as needed.
- Acts as program team member including participation in team building activities, team meetings and trainings as scheduled.
- Meets the Agency’s requirements for authorized driving and transports clients as need and as appropriate.
- Performs relevant and reasonable work assigned by Supervisors and Director
Benefits for full-time employees include:
- Individual/family medical, dental and vision insurances
- Eight observed holidays
- Earn from 15 to 27 paid time off days
- Maternity, short-term and long-term disability
- 401K Savings Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Educational Leave
- $500 Employee Referral Bonus Program