Certified Peer Specialist, Wilkinsburg
- Wood Street, Wilkinsburg
Milestone Centers, Inc. is a 48 year old non-profit Agency serving persons with behavioral health and intellectual and developmental disabilities. Our vision is to help extraordinary people live ordinary lives. Our Agency oversees 20 residential settings, 2 outpatient offices, 3 adult training facilities, a prevocational enterprise program, a consumer drop-in center, habilitation services, and 2 health care quality units serving clients in the Butler and Warren regions. Milestone is committed to providing trauma-informed care.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
To apply for a position within our Agency, please submit your resume and a cover letter stating the name and number of the position you are interested in.
- Self-identified as received or is receiving Mental Health Services.
- Completed Certified Peer Specialist training.
- Must have maintained 12 months of full- or part-time work within the last 3 years or, has obtained at least 24 continuing education credits.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Must have a valid PA driver’s license.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Act 33, 34, and FBI clearances as required.
Description of Duties:
- Support and assist individuals in recovery and community integration.
- Facilitate the development of recovery skills and sense of self-worth for individuals in a community-based support service.
- Promote utilization of natural resources and link to services in the community.
- Development of recovery goals through strength-based assessments.
- Clinical documentation and record keeping.
Benefits for full-time employees include:
- Individual/family medical, dental and vision insurances
- Eight observed holidays
- Earn from 15 to 27 paid time off days
- Maternity, short-term and long-term disability
- 401K Savings Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Educational Leave
- $500 Employee Referral Bonus Program